Days in the later life of a 1969 Triumph Bonneville and its new owner. Here it is saying "Please take me home" on May 1st 2007. How many things can you spot that are wrong about this bike?

Tuesday 5 June 2007

Photos from a sunnier swapmeet...






There was a variety - to say the least - of Triumphs available at the Massachusetts British Iron Association meet on May 27th at Oxford MA. My favourite was the 1969 machine shown here in its correct orange livery, which is how my bike should look. I got up close to this beast, looked underneath the engine to see completely clean crankcases with not even the slightest oil seepage or discoloration. First thought - cheat! Someone has trailered this bike to the show! I then put my hand on the timing cover and burnt myself.

1 comment:

oscillon said...

I like the picture of the 1965 Bonneville. (It's mine)

Cheers,
Dan