Days in the later life of a 1969 Triumph Bonneville and its new owner. Here it is saying "Please take me home" on May 1st 2007. How many things can you spot that are wrong about this bike?

Wednesday 17 August 2011

New copper washers for rocker oil feed

Having decided (lack of time) to focus on getting the bike right for today, I had to restrict my resealing activity to replacing the copper washers. Here they are in all their glory. Pics are almost self-explanatory - I chose the 1mm thick washers for the bolt head (below the rocker box) and the top gland nut, the fat 1.6mm washers for the union banjos. I annealed all the copper washers before fitting. The union faces on the rocker boxes were in good condition. As you can see, they look good fitted. Today will tell whether they are oiltight too!

prior fitment - note fibre washers which gush oil


inlet union face

 
exhaust union assembled

exhaust union face

inlet union assembled

No comments: